Fun and effective environmental education through music
What’s in the pack
Aimed particularly at the non-specialist, the pack contains:
- A Songs CD with complete recordings of the songs, by the Environment the Musical Band (ETM).
- A Teaching Resource CD featuring a breakdown of each song, including separate recordings of the optional harmony.
- A Concert Performance CD with backing tracks of the songs. This CD will prove useful if you opt for a concert performance of the songs.
- A Musical Performance CD featuring all the music (backing tracks and incidental music) required for a full production of the musical.
- The Music Sheets for all 8 songs, available as downloadable PDFs only (with piano accompaniment and chords).
- Songs - Click To Listen
- A Resource Booklet with Song Lyrics which is a practical guide to using the resource to optimum effect. Along with the lyrics for each song, this booklet contains lots of tips and advice on how to teach the songs in an easy yet effective manner. Take a peek inside the booklets.
- The Script. This booklet also contains the cast list, staging suggestions and ideas for costumes and props. Many of the stand-alone scenes in the script also provide you with the option of short performances, if required.
Who it’s for
- Schools and community groups
- Local authorities
- Theatres and drama clubs
- Environmental groups
- Scouts and Guides groups
The expandable cast list provides roles for 40 children and parts can easily be doubled-up for smaller groups. In preparation for their show the cast will learn about personal responsibility for caring for the environment, in a fun and effective manner.
With the eight catchy songs and a fast-moving storyline, the audience will be given lots of food for thought while being entertained.
The Environment the Musical DIY Pack makes the musical accessible to everyone. You do not have to be able to sing in order to teach the songs!
Millview Park is messy and getting worse by the day. Unlike their neighbours in Greenway, the residents of Millview Park have no pride in their neighbourhood and no respect for the environment.
When tourists visit Millview Park the children realise someone has changed their signpost to ‘Messview Park’. This opens their eyes to the sad state of their park and spurs them into positive action.
Environment the Musical is an entertaining yet thought-provoking musical. Suitable for everyone over 8 years (even adults!).
Approximate running time 40 minutes.